Quick and Easy Tips for a Great Christening Party Food on a Budget
Are you fretting about an upcoming christening for your little one? It’s time to stress out now. There is plenty of ideas for a memorable christening be it for small or large gatherings of friends and family.
On the day of the christening, things tend to move really fast so if you will organise the buffet for yourself, make sure you have it prepared the night before for you to have plenty of time for yourself and loved ones on the day. Make sure you have enough storage space for the amount of food enough for your guests.
Help from family and friends
It’s a gathering for friends and family so why not get them to lend a hand. They being involved adds to the buzz of the day. And if you have plenty, you could even organise the buffet on the morning of the day of the christening as you will have enough helping hands.
Plan your menu
For simplicity, cold finger buffets are a great choice such as Sandwiches, a snack selection be it Indian, Traditional, Chinese or Oriental. The traditional and Indian selections are simple and readily available including mini sausage rolls, mini-sausages, mini pork pies, onion barjees, samosas, spring rolls and are all available from supermarkets such as Tesco, Marks and Spencers or Iceland.
These go well with dips, crudites. Nibbles such as crisps, bite-size fruit, nuts, pringles are all easy choices. Consider vegetarian and meat choices, half and half usually a good starting point especially for the sandwich selection. Add salads to your offering such as potato salad, rice salad, a green salad, pasta salad or simply a mixed salad.
If you will use a caterer, consider your choices again carefully and fix your budget. At QuickBuffet, we have a tool that can help with fixing your budget and letting caterers to bid on your catering lead so you get the best offer for your budget. It may all be down to the situation like hot buffets will be a good choice for winter time, while if you like something exotic, BBQs for summer, a themed buffet may be a better choice.
When using a caterer, the sky is the limit to put it simply. From mini-baked potatoes with a range of fillings, to hot or fork buffets there is a wide choice. Chilli con carne, homemade pies, curries and chillies, Lasagnes are some of the main stream dishes most caterers will be comfortable preparing even at short notice.
So in short….
- Plan ahead is the rule like in all things as you might know already. At the time of the buffet, the event springs into life and there is always enough going on to keep you busy.
- Keep organised and make some décor to add that extra spice to impress.
- As part of you menu planning, consider tastes, flavour combinations while keeping it simple as often guests will like a bit of everything.
- The choice of menu is important as it might well determine how involved you will be with your guests. Hiring staff for example from your caterer while keeping ahead with your planning ensures you have enough time to interact with your guests. A finger buffet on the other hand ensure guests are interacting with each other which can add some extra vibe.
- Consider what space and equipment requirements you might want including water urns for a hot tea/coffee, hot holding equipment etc
- Keep a close look at your budgeting, it can easily run out of hand as I have noticed over the years. A good balance of quality and price is a good way to go but if not sure, post a catering lead here on Quickbuffet.co.uk to get the best quote within your budget. You may be surprised what ideas our caterers might come up with.
Often over looked, drinks can not only spice of a buffet with their bustling colours and favours, they add to the whole buffet atmosphere. Consider cocktails even non-alcoholic cocktails as some guests will be driving back. If you are considering juice why not think of soft drinks, why not an interesting one, like elderflower, ginger beer and mint rather than plain juice or fizzy drinks adds impact. Remember to keep then chilled or have ice cubes on the side.
Your little ones christening day is a very special event and we at quickbuffet.co.uk would love to help make sure the catering side is taken care of for the day, as this day has to be as special as your little one is! Our caterers come with the experience of catering for all occasions be it small or large.
They fully appreciate that a wide range of age groups usually attend such an event. Therefore they will work with you all the way to create the ideal hot or cold christening buffet which caters for all ages. Some of our caterers even have the option where they can offer the kids attending the christening a kids snack box, so they have their own individual lunch box which Is a fantastic idea for the younger age group attending the christening.
Use Quick Buffet for
· Family Gathering
· Christening Parties
· Anniversary Parties